February 1, 1934
Arnold Pamperin reported that easement rights on private claim 44 (for the yacht basin) are now in question. Consequently, a motion was made and carried that the club now petition the Green Bay City Council for a piece of property on private claim 45 and to be developed as a C.W.A. project. The piece of property would be 150 feet wide and 1,000 feet in length. At the same time it was agreed to abandon an appeal for federal help.
February 15, 1934
Milton Smith, Harvey Lhost, Ira Smith, and Walter Masse attend a hearing with the City Council committee regarding proposals for a yacht harbor. The new information is presented and discussed at the regular business meeting in which the city council committee offered another proposal for a piece of land just north of Murphy's Light. Mayor Diener believed that about 35 men would be available for work on the harbor project. Continuing discussion led to a motion and was carried to request a yacht basin wherever the the city should decide on placing it.
March 6, 1934
C.W.A. project funding for a yacht basin is disapproved by the C.W.A. as the C.W.A. is about to go out of existence in one more month. New discussion began on the possible connection between the Metropolitan Sewer Disposal Plan, the nearby marsh, and a yacht basin.
April 19, 1934
At the regular business meeting held in the Green Bay Press-Gazette library a motion was made and carried to change the name of the Green Bay Harbor Advancement Assn. to the Green Bay Yachting Club. This was just three months after the founding of the organization. This change establishes the name that continues to live on today.
April 26, 1934
The Metropolitan Sewer Commission agreed verbally to take the ground from the proposed yacht harbor which they need for filling. Contractor Jake Basten agreed to move his crane in the location and start digging as soon as the city engineer marked it off. It was believed that this would result in a harbor that is 150 feet wide, 400 feet long, and 10 feet deep. A committee is appointed to get any materials available from the old yacht club that might assist in the formation of a constitution and by-laws of the newly organized Green Bay Yachting Club. In addition to being the regular business meeting, this meeting was Charter Membership Night and 26 members were placed on the list. The new members were assessed a $1 initiation fee and a committee was appointed to present a design for a new yacht club flag.
May 3, 1934
Regular business meetings move to the Beaumont Hotel. 31 new charter members are added to the list making a total membership of 59. Discussion followed about forming a snype class. Currently there are four snypes in Green Bay and a fleet requires a minimum of five boats. A fifth boat may be available when the Bell Lumber Company finishes the one they are manufacturing now.
June 7, 1934
Captain Johnson, Commander of the Eleventh District U.S. Coast Guard, gave a presentation on Coast Guard rescuing, classes of boats, and setting boat speeds on the river to control wakes from boats. The club had received correspondence from seven other yacht clubs who plan to send visiting yachts to Green Bay during the summer. Club membership continues to grow with the acceptance of four more new members.
September 13, 1934
With the harbor development doing so well, the next matter of great interest is the establishment of some sort of shelter namely a club house. At the regular business meeting a motion was made and carried for forming a club house committee consisting of Bennoit Wittig, Harvey Lhost, and Bill Hawley for the purpose of looking into the possibilities of getting a Club House.
October 11, 1934
The Yacht Club slip dredging is near completion. Discussion on the possibilities of securing a Club House continued from the previous meeting. Captain Hubbard stated that some government ships would be abandoned. Several members expressed that one of these boats, especially a side-wheeler, would make an attractive club house. Another committee was appointed to investigate the possibility of getting a road to the Yacht Club harbor. Some members suggested having a dancing party for purpose to swell the club treasury. Two new members were accepted into the club.
November 8, 1934
The club moves to contact the Coast Guard, the City, and State officials in an effort to keep the Coast Guard boat "Perry" in Green Bay while at the same time Two Rivers is asking that the Perry be stationed there instead so that it can navigate on Lake Michigan all winter.
January 10, 1935
Green Bay Mayor Diener was contacted regarding a road from Quincy Street to the yacht basin. He referred the club to the city engineer, Mr. Steeno, who drew up a petition for the club. Next there was some discussion about pilings at the entrance of the yacht basin and a motion was made and carried to have Ira Smith try removing the pilings with dynamite and if successful, then complete the task by this method. Five new members were accepted into the club.
February 14, 1935
Seven new members were accepted into the club.
April 11, 1935
Earlier talks and efforts that began in September and October of the previous year have paid off finally. (Refer to Sept. 13 and Oct. 11, 1934.)
The Board of Directors makes plans to inspect the quarter boat "Fox" and if desirable, to place a bid for this boat to be used as a club house.
Below left is the best photo of the "Fox" that was found at the club. Below right is a much better photo that was found in a book by George Nau Burridge.